Thursday, September 22, 2011

Daddy-Daddy

2 years ago today my Grandpa (Daddy-Daddy) passed away. He was the best Grandpa in the whole wide world. He would always say to me "who's the prettiest girl in the world wide world" and I would say "me". I have a lot of great memories of Daddy-Daddy that I will always remember. One of my favorite memories of Daddy-Daddy is when I was a little girl he would take me to go see a movie at Valley Fair Mall. Then we would go get something to eat at Chick-fil-a. He would always come to my band concerts and he liked watching the Jazz band play. After my concerts money would exchange hands. Another memory of Daddy-Daddy is when I had plastic surgery done on my nose Daddy-Daddy came over a couple of times to my house to be with me while my Mom was at work. He would bring me a Jamba Juice and he feed me can peaches. Another memory of Daddy-Daddy is a scary one. My family and I went to my uncle Ryan's football game and his school team was playing Tooele at Tooele. I remember that it was raining while we were at the game. I think I was 4 or 5 at this time. Daddy-Daddy was carrying me up the bleachers and he slipped and fell down some of the bleachers. I got a cut on my forehead when we fell and I'm not sure if Daddy-Daddy was hurt or not. I remember I was more scared for Daddy-Daddy being hurt then if I was hurt. I have a little scar on my forehead from that lovely fall down the bleachers that I will always remember but in a good way. Daddy-Daddy always smelled like cloves when you hug him. And whenever I do smell cloves I always think of him. Another thing I remember about Daddy-Daddy is that whenever we would leave his house he always wanted us to give him a call when we got home. So, that he knows that we made it home safely. I miss you very much Daddy-Daddy and I know that I will see you again. I love you Daddy-Daddy.

No comments: