Friday, October 12, 2007

Shedaisy Concert and Las Vegas Trip




















My friends Beth, Lisa and I drove to St. Geroge, Utah on July 20, 2007 to see Shedaisy in concert. They performed at the Dixie Sunbowl. We left my house alittle while after 8:00am on Friday. We got to St. George around 12:30pm. We first went to the Dixie Sunbowl to see what was happening and to see if anyone was lined up for the concert. Then we went to the Hilton Garden Inns and checked in. After that we went and got something to eat at The Pizza Factory. We ordered take out so we ate our food at the park that is right next to the Dixie Sunbowl. After we ate lunch we went back to our hotel for an hour. Then we went to the Dixie Sunbowl to see Shedaisy in concert. We were the first ones their at the concert. The doors opened at 6:00pm and we were there before 5:00pm. We got to go put our stuff down on the field and then we had to go wait outside. We put our blankets right in the center on the very first row. So we had the best seats in the house. The concert started at 8:00pm with the group Josh and Drew who did an amazing job. My cousins Shedaisy came on after the opening act. Shedaisy also did an amazing job and it was my first time seeing Shedaisy with my cousin Karli in the group. And it was my first time sitting/standing in the front row at a concert. Every time that I see Shedaisy in concert they make me cry. This time my cousin Kelsi made me cry from what she said about the troops who are fighting in Irag and just our troops in general. After what she said they sang Come Home Soon. After the concert my friends and my mom went backstage to this trailer to visit with Shedaisy. It was really good to visit with my cousins for a bit because I haven't seen them since March. After we visited with Shedaisy my friends and I went back to our hotel and crashed.
On Saturday we checked out of the hotel and drove to Las Vegas. We left St. George around 12:30pm. We got to Las Vegas around 1:00pm. We couldn't check in to our hotel until 3:00pm. So we went to MGM Grand and ate lunch at the Rain Forrest Cafe. After we ate lunch we went to see the Lions because I wanted to take a picture of them. When we were looking at the Lions these guys came up to us and started talking with us. They were in Vegas for one of their friends bachelor party. After we talked to them we all went to this place called Fat Tuesday which is located at the MGM Grand and we hung out there. We stayed there to talk with them for an hour or so. We really liked and totally clicked with two of the guys. Their names are Kyle and Gary. After a while we left MGM to go check in to our hotel called Alexis Park Resort Hotel. Our room is has an upstairs and a downstairs. It has a hot tub in the middle of the stairs. While we were there we got ready to go out to dinner with Kyle and Gary. We went to dinner at Antonio's which is located at the Rio Hotel. After dinner we went and saw the show at the Rio and I got two things of beads. After that we went to the Palms Hotel and went to the club Rain. The club was awesome and I had a blast dancing. We need a club like Rain in Utah. After the club we came back to our hotel and hung out with the guys for a little while. Then we dropped them off at their hotel and went back to our hotel and went to bed.
On Sunday we checked out of the hotel and went to the Hard Rock Hotel and Casnio to get some gifts. Then we went to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. After lunch we bought some gifts in the gift shop. After that we drove back home to Utah. We arrived home at 8:30pm. I had a blast and 1/2 on my weekend trip.

No comments: