Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life's Little Instructions

Sing in the shower*Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated*Watch a sunrise at least once a year*Leave the toilet seat in the down position*Never refuse homemade brownies*Strive for excellence, not perfection*Plant a tree on your birthday*Learn three clean jokes*Return borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full*Compliment three people every day*Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them*Leave everything a little better than you found it*Keep it simple*Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures*Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know*Floss your teeth*Ask for a raise when you feel you've earned it* Be forgiving of yourself and others*Overtip breakfast waitresses*Say "thank you" a lot*Say "please" a lot*Avoid negative people*Buy whatever kids are selling on card tables in their front yards*Wear polished shoes*Remember other people's birthdays*Commit yourself to constant improvement*Carry jumper cables in your trunk* Have a firm handshake*Send lots of Valentine cards. Sign them, "Someone who thinks you're terrific."*Look people in the eye*Be the first to say, "Hello"*Use the good silver*Return all things you borrow*Make new friends but cherish the old ones*Keep secrets*Sing in a choir*Plant flowers every spring*Have a dog*Always accept an outstretched hand*Stop blaming others*Take responsibility for every area of your life*Wave at kids on school buses*Be there when people need you*Feed a stranger's expired parking meter*Don't expect life to be fair*Never underesimate the power of love*Drink champagne for no reason at all*Live your life as an exclamation, not a explanation*Don't be afraid to say, "I made a mistake"*Don't be afraid to say, "I don't know"*Compliment even small improvements*Keep your promises (no matter what)*Marry only for love*Rekindle old friendships*Count your blessings*Call your mother

I saw this hanging at my aunt Robyn's house one day and I really liked it so I wrote it down. I think that all of us need little instrucions in our lives and to strive to do these every day. I know that I need to work on some of these in my life so that my life can be better. I thought that I would share this with all of you so that you can have Life's Little Instrucions in your lives too. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is in a week from today. I hope that all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving this year and eat lots of yummy food. Take care and have a great rest of the week!!!

No comments: