Monday, December 6, 2010

What I've learned about reading books

What I've learned about reading books is that you read books that you are interested in and the authors that you like. When I was younger I wasn't that much of a reader but when I got older I started to have a better interest in reading. One of my first favorite authors when I was younger is John Grisham. I own a lot of his books and have read a few of them. I loved his books because they were interesting to me and that they are intense/suspenseful. I also like how a lot of his chapters are short. So when I would read one of his books I could read a lot of chapters in one sitting.

Another one of my favorite authors is Juliet Marillier. My friend Becca got me hooked on her books. Juliet Marillier writes a lot of fantasy books. I wasn't to big on fantasy books at first but when I started reading Daughter of the Forrest I was hooked. I need to finish reading Child of the Prophecy sometime so then I could read Heir to Sevenwaters. I stopped reading Child of the Prophecy a couple of years ago to start reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Dan Brown is my favorite author of all times. I have read every single one of his books and I own every single one. I love his writing and his books. I love how they are intense, suspenseful and amazing. I read all of his books in order starting with Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress, Deception Point and The Lost Symbol. I sure hope that he writes another book soon cuz I am so addicted to his books. And I can read his books over and over again.

Another one of my favorite authors is Alice Sebold. I fell in love with her books when I was reading The Lovely Bones. I saw the movie first and then I went out and bought her book a few days later. The Lovely Bones is one of my favorite books of all times. I also bought her books The New Moon and Lucky.

And another one of my favorite authors is my friend Aubrey Mace. Her books and her writing is amazing. I can definitely read her books over and over again. I loved Spare Change and really loved My Fairy Grandmother. When I was reading My Fairy Grandmother I was amazed and what she came up with and wants to know how she came up with a lot of the things that were happening in the book. I am now reading Santa Maybe by Aubrey and I am really enjoying it so far. I'm on chapter 7 and I'm also half way through the book.

I hate to read books that I know the whole world is reading. I will not read any of the Twilight books. I don't like books that are fluffy and cheesy. I saw the first two movies and they were OK. If I want to read books about Vampires I'm going to read Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview with a Vampire. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books yet. I am going to read them after the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is out in the theaters.

There are so many books that I own that I need to read and a lot of books that I want to buy and read. After I read Santa Maybe I'm going to read the book The Canning Season. I started reading it a little while ago and it's a good book so far. I stopped reading it so I could read Santa Maybe for Christmas time. I'm still going to do the new year's resolution that I made last year and read a new book every month. I do enjoy reading and I like reading the books that I like to read.

Santa Maybe Pictures, Images and Photos

the canning season Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

BreeAnn said...

I love to read as well! Books are great!

Unknown said...

Hey there cuz! I'm glad that you like to read books too. Books are great!! I love how books take you away from our world into their worlds. What books are you reading right now?